Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

Finally. A long awaited update! I'm sorry for taking so long, but after our last court date we had to gear up for Beth's 7th birthday. OK. Let me update in order.

We went to the last court date and it was postponed again. This time we have a new D.A. and we are waiting on a few things. We had a chance to sit down for a few minutes with our attorney and chat with him. He was unaware of a few things and I'm feeling frustrated. It seems that through the changing of the attorney's some of my information I sent to the others has been lost. I really don't want to have to start over again so we need prayer that all those bits of information I sent are found and come together in his mind beautifully. I feel like I should be the attorney on this case! I know it backward and forward and I so understand his innocence that I'm so passionate about fighting for him. But, I don't know the law so I have no choice but to rely on our attorney. I think to alleviate my worry/frustration I need to ask for there to be focused prayer over him right now. His name is Roger...and there was some glimpses of positive in our meeting...I don't want it to seem like he's not on our side. It's just a complicated case because of the clear confusion on the other side. (Praise God! We continue to pray for confusion in our enemies!)

Next court date is April 29th.

OK. Now! Beth's birthday! Chris has a friend that works for Disneyland and was able to get us in for free! We kept it a secret from her and on monday night after I prayed bedtime prayers she asked to add something to it. I said sure and she said, "Dear God, please let us have enough money to go to Disneyland. Amen." Mary and I just winked at each other.

The next morning we had the girls get ready for "classes". As I did Beth's hair she told me she really didn't want to go to school. I said, "You know what? That's fine. You can go to the park with Hannie, Daddy, and I!" Then I added later that it was ridiculous to take Mary to school, so we were just going to play hooky and go to the "park". We didn't tell her which park!

We jumped on the freeway heading toward Disneyland. I informed Chris that I had heard about this great park near Disneyland and we should check it out. That allowed us to get real close without her catching on. She didn't catch on until we pulled into the parking structure...and then she nearly burst with excitement!

We told Chris' friend about her prayer and he just said, "Oh, that's awesome!" He was instrumental in answering her prayer. It was sooooo neat. We had a great day just our little family.

On Sunday she had her actual birthday and she was able to pick out a new bike at Toys R Us (courtesy of cashing in on some Chase Rewards Points!!!).

God has been doing so much in our lives. I'll come back soon to update on that. For sure! Right now we really need prayers over finances. Our food stamps have run out and I need to cover until the 8th of April (my sister's birthday!). Mainly I need to get to Costco for meats and either Trader Joe's or Whole Foods for produce. (btw, I'm really good at shopping at Whole Foods for those who think it's too expensive. I've been shopping there for over 12 years and know how to work their produce section pretty well.) We have lots of pasta and some sauce for fillers. But, my body in particular has been screaming for good protein and seriously a giant leafy salad and chicken sounds heavenly right now. It's hard to live on carbs alone.

Anyway. Any help is appreciated. Prayers are awesome! I gotta run...just wanted to update quick. I'll be back when I can dedicate a bit more time to updating on what God is doing...'cause He's pretty awesome you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment