Monday, February 20, 2012

An update on us...

Friends & Family -


I wanted to send out an email to update you all on our family. On February 7th Chris was transferred to Wasco for "processing" (Mary tells me that whenever I say that she imagines Daddy will come out in a can). An inmate called me Wednesday morning, the 8th, to let me know. He also encouraged me that a lot of good can happen during this time. He knew of a guy who was sentenced to 14 years and had it downgraded to 3 years while there. So, prayers are needed.

Chris has sent me three letters already and has given me a few applications to go visit. If anyone is up for the drive and wants to visit, let me know and I will get the app to you. It's a long drive, about three hours, so we understand not wanting to go up there. Honestly, I'm not exactly looking forward to the visit except that I get to see him.

He is doing well. He is in a cell with a guy named Jonny and he seems friendly enough. He's seen a few guys he was at Theo Lacy with, so as odd as it may sound, that was comforting to him. When they first arrived they were put on lock-down because there was two stabbings. *sigh* He told me so that we could all pray over him. Pray for warrior angels to surround him and protect him as he walks through this.

As for the kids...they are cycling through grief. Mary was really acting out and I was really worried about her, but we were able to give her three horse lessons and by the end of the first lesson she was different. She stopped talking about getting piercings and dying her hair weird colors. The talk of tattoos and other such things ceased. I was so thankful. I explained to the trainer what was going on and she immediately had such compassion for all of us. The girl who trained Mary last time is a believer and could completely relate to Mary on several levels...including their shared obsession for horses. I've been scrimping and saving and almost have enough to put her in once a week for the next ten weeks. Please pray that I get work to help cover the rest and that this will be something that will financially be covered for us. For those who don't know, Mary wants to be what is called a "hippotherapist". That is someone who works with horses and special needs children (and adults). This is definitely an investment in her furture.

Bethany has been having nightmares and crying everytime I am gone. She experiencing a high level of anxiety and I'm trying to work with her through it. I am fairly confident that she is suffering from an anxiety disorder. Apparently she takes after her mother. She has always had anxiety, but with current circumstances she is really hit hard by it. Her outlet seems to be dance (another thing I can identify with). She likes to put on the Fish and dance. I recently found a dance school that is Christian and is very inexpensive. I am praying that I will be able to figure out a way to fund that for her. As far as I can gather, it would be about $40 per month, which seems pretty good for dance classes. And I love that they won't use music that my little girl just doesn't need to be listening to.

Hannah is fine. lol. She's 2.5 so really she doesn't get it. She does miss Chris and asks for him, but she is pretty happy most of the time. She comes in to sleep with me a couple times a week and I think that's because of Chris being gone. When this all first happened she would come in to sleep with me every night for about two weeks. I didn't complain, though, because it was comforting to me as well. Even having little feet shoved into my back is somehow comforting! lol.

I am working to earn money however I possibly can. I've been selling a product I just created called "Un-petrolium Jam". It is a mix of beeswax and olive oil for very dry skin. I have a natural one (or naked) and one called "peace" that is a blend of essential oils like patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla, etc. I also have one for lips that is made with a hint of peppermint oil. I'd like to continue doing this as it uses my love for "crafting" and herbalism.

I am also studying to become a master herbalist. When I am finished I would like to teach classes on what I call "kitchen medicine". I'd also love to teach young girls how to use herbs to help them through puberty, etc.

I am also a placenta encapsulation specialist. Those who are brave can go to my website at www.peace-partum.com and see what I do. I have had a few clients already and it's really fun for me to work with new moms.

I would like to finish my degree in Christian Ministry and also finish my certification as a childbirth educator. There are a few more things I would like to be educated on, but for now I think I've got enough on my plate. Now, the childbirth education certification is something I started years ago, but stopped when I was pregnant with Bethany. I contacted the school and they are willing to accept what I've already done and just let me do the book studies then take the certification test. I would like to do that soon. It would be a very good addition to me Peace-Partum business.

Oh, and I'm tie-dying silks.

So, between it all I have been able to pay our bills each month. I'm not to the point of being able to cover gas and groceries, but I'm praying I will get there quick. The nice thing about what I am doing to make money is that I am able to stay home and when I do have to go out of the house there is a time I can bring Bethany with me. She is struggling so much that it's good for me to have her as my side-kick sometimes. She is also my girlie girl and in the back of my mind I think I'd like to train her to be a midwife/herbalist. lol. She went with me to my last encapsulation and just soaked it all up. She loved what I was doing and she loved being in the atmosphere of helping.

There you have it. :o) We are waiting for the appeal to get processed and be assigned a new attorney. We are hopeful and excited to see what God is going to do. Chris has been told time and time again by officers and other staff, as well as other inmates, that they can tell that he does not belong where he is. That may be true, but God is using him, so for right now he belongs there. Soon enough he will be back home with us and I just know that I will stand in awe of what my God has done in my husband. I already thought he was a pretty neat guy...and I already see what God has done so far...I can't imagine how much better it will be at the end.

Before I sign off I really want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement so far. It has been overwhelming in a good way and I feel terrible that I haven't thanked everyone individually. It's kind of like standing by the seashore and being enveloped by a giant, amazing wave (that doesn't wash you out to see or get seaweed in your pants). Half that time I am just standing here stunned. I am stunned at the love from my extended family and to be honest it feels like there is no way for me to properly thank. So, please forgive me and please know that I am so incredibly thankful to each and every one of you. And so is Chris...he tells me all the time how humbled he is by all of you.


So...thank you. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment