It's expensive having someone in jail! Wow! Each week I need to put about $30-40 on his books so he can buy things like paper/envelopes, personal care items, medicines, snacks, etc. And each item is inflated in price, so what would normally cost us a dollar for a candy bar, it would cost him about $1.50. It all adds up.
On top of that we go through about $25 per week in phone calls. And I spend about $15 per week to visit him. To me, though, these are not negotiable. I need to visit him and I need to talk with him.
Thankfully his mom has been able to help with about $20 per week on his books. That's a big help. I'm hoping that as we get into a groove we'll be able to lessen the amount of calls made. Like maybe only every other day during the week...no calls on Fri, Sat, Sun unless there is a real reason (because we get to visit during those days). I'm hoping to cut that expense down to just $50 per month.
Prayers that these needs are met would be appreciated. I was able to do a job this month and earn a bit of money, but it's not steady income right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had no idea personal care items, stationary, and phone calls had to be paid by the family. What does someone do if they can't pay?
ReplyDelete