Welfare has cut our benefits by nearly $500 per month (I previously thought it was $400, but Chris informed me it was more) and cut food stamps by about $100. We have had some people offer us help and that has been an amazing blessing! Not all our bills are paid, but groceries are covered, some gas, car registration and part of our rent. We are in prayer over the rest of our needs.
There are things going on right now that are leaving us both feeling very unsafe. Please pray for us that God will be apparent in the situation. I'm leaving it unspoken as I want Him to move as He needs to and not how we want Him to.
God has placed it on both our hearts for me to focus on the home right now and not worry about getting a job. We realize that for me to get a job outside the home I would have to buy all new clothes (my wardrobe is pathetically limited), find care for the kids, etc. It would be more beneficial for me to focus on saving money at home. It has also been placed specifically on my heart to write and allow God to bless us with money as I do His work. I'm praying for His guidance as I work to give myself over completely to His calling on my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
May the Lord direct you each step you take. I know He will. Look for the little things that tell you of His love. This morning I was in the midst of battle and I looked at the roses I had picked the day before. Sticking up in the middle were the leaves in such perfect symmetry - I could have never make it look so perfect. I thanked the Lord for telling me in that way that He is with me. :)
ReplyDeletePraying.