It's not just the financial help that blesses. It's that they come at very interesting times. In these past few days I've felt forgotten. Our finances have been horrible, my car is parked and needs a couple hundred in repairs, I'm driving Chris' car with brakes that need repairing and no air conditioning, we've had no money for groceries/gas/bills, etc. Chris is working right now, but we haven't seen any of the money yet. Both of us have been feeling completely forgotten. We were having to remind ourselves of how God has met us in the past and remember that He will meet us in His time. It becomes a chant that needs repeating at times.
And He always meets us. It may not be what we think it should look like, but we've learned to lower our expectations (our expectations of HOW things happen) so that we are more aware. When a gift card shows up it is not only the blessing of finances, but the blessing of being remembered...of being met.
We have been blessed with gift cards for dinners out (I mourned when our Corner Bakery card was used up! lol), for groceries (Ralphs, Costco, Trader Joe's, etc), for gas, etc. We have been blessed with scholarships for church activities, people offering to cover expenses for the girls to do something or receive something, even music (which is huge as we listen to music a lot to worship, etc)...we have also been blessed with Angel tickets (which came at an amazing time as Chris and Mary REALLY needed a "Daddy Date"). There have also been gifts of cash to cover bills that we just couldn't cover on our own.
With the issues we are facing, it has been nearly impossible for Chris to find work and no one has looked twice at me since I haven't held a "real job" for over twelve years! We have recently been blessed with temporary work for Chris that is allowing him to learn more and more about AV work. It is something that has always interested him. He is also on the top of the list for a management position with a non-profit organization. It isn't "good" pay, but it's an amazing opportunity for him to learn. It would also come with medical benefits which is wonderful!!!
We, of course, have been blessed in ways that are not financial, but I just wanted to focus on this for the moment 'cause it's on my heart.
We want to thank ALL of you who have walked this journey with us. It has been a long journey and we still have a ways to go. Thank you for supporting our family as we fight for our lives.
I want to include some prayer requests while I'm at it:
1. For provisions so that we can get our cars fixed. We are actually realizing we could get rid of one car now, but we're so upside down on it we can't get out of it. Please pray for wisdom regarding this.
2. We have some bills that haven't been paid since our aid was cut. We owe about $500 to come current with everything. With Chris working that will be easier than when he wasn't, but we need prayer that we will be wise with how we pay things so that everything is covered...if that makes sense.
3. The girls have expressed desires toward taking classes in the fall. Mary was taking piano lessons and doing very well. Both girls want to take a dance class (though I'm insanely picky about the school as it MUST be modest). Mary wants to take tap and Bethany wants to take ballet. I would love to find a way to make this happen for them. Please pray that we will find a way.
Of course, we would love to pray that all charges are suddenly dropped and we can move on with our lives...
"You will build us up again, we will be revived once again
They will know that You are the Lord God Almighty!"
Following your journey, and praying. I am amazed at your courage. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. Remember Galatians 6:9. Blessings to you! (Kimberly from GCM...butterflyqueen71)
ReplyDelete