Dear Friends & Family,
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers and support. We serve an amazing God! He is worthy to be praised! He is with us and He hears us when we call. He doesn't always answer us as we like, but He does care. God either answers with a "yes", "not right now", or "I've got something better in mind". We know that God does always hear those who abide in Him. Our Father, God, Savior, Redeemer and Friend...our Lord has so many titles, but still one God!
Here is a quick update of what is going on in our lives:
Marcella is finishing her degree in Christian Ministry this December. She will be starting her Masters Degree in early of next year (Marcella: Actually, I've already started...finishing and starting at the same time). I am so proud of her and all her hard work. She has done an amazing job at completing her education and attaining her degree. What an amazing woman of God I married! I am proud to be her husband.
Mary is in eighth grade and doing well. She is a little equestrian and is taking riding lessons and working off the cost of the lessons by caring for the horses at the stable. God has worked a miracle there, I am so very proud of her!
Bethany is in third grade and she is also doing well. She is in ballet and tap dancing and is really enjoying her lessons. The lessons are being paid for by an anonymous donor (Praise the Lord, another miracle!).
Hannah is three and doing her best at what any normal toddler would do. She is taking a class in ballet and is having so much fun. She is also talking up a storm.
I am a proud father and husband. Praise the Lord!
My family came out here to the desert about two weeks ago (more now). John and Marjie came also and it was such a blessing to see them all. I'm so blessed to have the family I do.
My mom was able to come out about four weeks ago and it was incredible to see her also. My sister just moved to Santa Cruz and was not able to come. Seeing my mom was a big blessing, though.
During my visits I have the opportunity to eat foods that are not available to us inside. For those who don't know, I am a foodie, so this is a big deal for me. While it's just food from vending machines, it feels like gourmet food compared to what we usually get to eat. Things like cheesecake and chocolate milk...man...they taste so good!
On an unfortunate note, Marcella's job ended abruptly in September and she has not been able to find a job. God has been meeting my girls needs, though. She had a chunk of money saved up to get her through until she could make more money, but the car broke down and took nearly all of that savings.
Her monthly bills are about $300 conservatively and we are praying that God will meet those needs (and He has been, praise Him!). Marcella should be able to procure a student loan when she is officially in the masters program in January to help during her year of classes. After she is finished she will begin pursuing a career as a professor of Bible Studies, which is her true passion.
If anyone is able to help with our families financial needs, it would be greatly appreciated at this time. I realize that times are hard, but if the Lord puts it on your heart, know that my family would be very blessed. Also, thank you again for your prayers and love.
Did I mention how proud of Marcella I am? LOL. I know I repeated myself, but I am so very proud of her heard work in this stressful and overwhelming situation. Please lift up my family and their needs in prayer often.
The church has been very generous in making sure they have gas cards and grocery cards, but as you know gas prices are crazy today! Remember, God is bigger than our economy! Thank you to those who have blessed my family with prayers, support, money, gifts and most of all love while I have been away.
I have been busy and most recently had surgery about a month ago in Blythe. So physically I am still healing. I have been tutoring, teaching, reading, writing, and speaking English to the non-English speaking students here at Chuckawalla. At first I was a volunteer, but now I have been given the only paid position in this department and now make a staggering fifteen cents an hour. Praise God!
I work from 6:45am to 1:30pm all week long with weekends off. God is using me to help others! I also tutor math as well in the mornings for about thirty minutes of the class time.
I am involved with a Bible Study in the dorm of my building on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of every week. We meet from 5:45pm to 6:15pm. I am encouraging and blessing others, along with being encouraged and blessed. On Monday evenings at the same time we lift up prayer requests of those in our building. I go to the chapel on Monday and Wednesday from 6:30pm to 8:00pm for worship and a message. The worship team does a great job and they bless us all!
On Thursdays the prison chaplain, Chaplain Carter, leads a service from 2:00pm to 3:30pm. I am also in a class called "Authentic Manhood" in the chapel on Thursdays from 6:30pm to 8:00pm, which is based in Biblical principles. I also give my support to the Veteran's group here on Tuesday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
Phew! As you can see I have a very busy schedule! I thank God for that priviledge!
I am making sure my morning is started with my daily devotional from "Jesus Calling". I am growing so much in my faith and trust in God. What an amazing God we serve! I am also just starting to usher on Mondays in the chapel. Please pray that God will continue to use me.
On the legal front my direct appeal was filed a few months ago in July. God is working there, too. There has been a response from the court and my appellate attorney has responded to their response. We are now awaiting the response of the three judge panel of appellate justices to decide to grant or deny the appeal. The decision could take anywhere from three months to a year. Please pray for the judges to have favor on me and that it is God's will that my appeal will be granted. I am anxious to return home to my family! I am praying that God will be glorified in all of this and that He be praised and my testimony brings others to know the awesome God we serve! Just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace, I am stepping out in faith, trusting God through all of this. My full faith and trust is in Him. The three men said, "If we are thrown into the flaming furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He will rescue us from your hand, oh king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up" Daniel 3:17-18. So I believe God is able to deliver me, but even if he does not, I will continue to serve the Lord!
I am praying my name to be cleared in His power! 1 Timothy 1:7
Again from my heart, thank you all for your prayers, gifts, concern and support. Thank you all who have put money on my books and packages. I am thankfully using all the items purchased. Thanks all who have given gifts of encouragement to my family while I am away from them. It encourages me that my family is being cared for and I know our loving God is encouraged when His sons and daughters look out for each other. Thank you all for the letters of encouragement, they have meant the world to me.
May our loving Father in Heaven be glorified in all of this and may we be closer to who he intends us to be, children of His love that are shining light to others. May we be reunited and I be home soon in His power. I look forward to the day I am home with my family, loved ones, and extended family, church family, etc. I look forward to the restoration of my good name in His power and strength and glory. Praise the Lord! I look forward to seeing you all and serving in my home church and our community as well.
All praise be unto Him for He is worthy to be praised! I love and miss each and every one of you. Thank you so very much for everything!
Love,
Chris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment