Our house is all a buzz today with activities meant to prepare us to enter into this new year with a clean house and a clean mind. We survived the holidays and are ready to take on what 2014 has to offer. God is good and we can't wait to see what He does in our lives over the next year.
So much as been accomplished in this past year.
The girls have been doing so much better. I am still up against some difficulties with our middle girl, but she is beginning to really grow educationally and emotionally. Her story constantly breaks my heart, but seeing how God is holding her through and now seeing the strength she has gained is just amazing to witness. We still have a ways to go. It is just good to see progress.
Chris was moved from this place where he had found community to a place that was very new and not established. He went from working as a teacher to being "unemployed". He went from ministering in a well-established ministry, to trying to create a ministry from scratch. The transition was difficult, not only for him, but for all those who were transferred. Recently, however, he has found a better groove for himself and the ministry has begun to flourish. He has preached one sermon so far and is on the roster to teach more. He also has the opportunity to take HVAC classes, although he really wanted to take classes to become an electrician. Some of you may know that Chris worked with sound engineering for awhile and his dream has always been to work further in that industry. The electrician classes would be very helpful. But for now, this is what is offered, so he will do what he can to educate himself so that he can make money once he is home.
I have been doing pretty good. Keeping busy has helped to keep my mind off of our situation, although there are times when it catches up to me. We are still homeschooling so that the girls can maintain their activities. Mary is working for her horse lessons, and all the girls have been so graciously been given dance lessons with two places that teach dance for the glory of the Lord. We are involved at church, although I wish I could be more involved. I often have to remind myself that this is a season and soon enough I will be able to attend Women's Bible Study, etc. Financially we have done ok. There are things I *want*, but I know that I just need to be patient. One thing I would love is a new, flat-screen, SMART TV. I have this corner with our giant tube TV and I day dream about that monstrosity being gone and how nicely my sewing machine would fit there. (lol)
Our needs always seem to get met. I have been able to pay our monthly bills through until April. I need to cover $100 per month for phone calls with Chris. And I try to make enough to set aside for times when we need a bit of extra money. So far we are entering this year very tight, but I know God will provide for us. I am still selling "Mary & Martha" (formerly "Blessings Unlimited"). I am also selling doTerra essential oils and I am working on starting up a new and improved line of products using the oils and other herbs. My oldest created a logo for me and I'm excited to get going with it.
I am also finishing up my masters program. Recently I wrote a paper for a class called "Transforming Conflict in Ministry" (or something like that) and as I finished the paper I realized it would be an amazing book. My goal for this year is to work on that paper, break it into chapters, expand on the points, and submit it for publishing. It scares me, but excites me at the same time. God has given me several ideas for books and I just need the time and peace to be able to write.
Our prayer needs for this year are to continue to have God bless us financially so that our needs are met (which would help me to focus on writing and teaching); to get into a more organized state of living so that we can be healthy, happy, and effective; and, to take care of Chris' needs so that he can be home with us as soon as possible. I have spoken with a private investigator and it's a matter of just finding the financing for him. I feel strongly that if God wants us to hire him, the money will be provided for.
While I have your attention:
My Mary & Martha website - www.mymaryandmartha.com/marcella (There is a really nice sale coming up. I'll send out an email asap to let people know. The sales are a great way to get product and to help out my family.)
My doTerra website - www.mydoterra.com/marcella72 (LOVE these oils!)
I know this is a lot. I'm sorry to overwhelm. It is just important to me to get this update out there so as the new year unfolds, those who are praying for our family know how to pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment