Sunday, March 8, 2015

Graduation

Hey all!  I can't believe how long it has been since I updated this blog!  Life has been busy and full of wonderful blessings.  God is good!!!

In one week from today, I will be officially finished with classes.  In April, I will turn in my portfolio, in May I will go in for my interview, and my degree(s) will post the end of May.  I will be graduating with two M. Min. degrees, one in Biblical Studies and one in Worship Ministry.

During the time between my portfolio and my interview, I will be working on my resume and sending it to colleges.  My goal is to teach some classes online, while continuing to work in ministry.  There are possibilities that God has placed on my heart and I have been praying over them.  They are very exciting, but I don't really want to tell what they are, just because I want to keep it in prayer and not jump into naming them, yet.

Prayer Requests:

  • Always for finances.  To be honest, it has been overwhelming thinking of all the things I need to accomplish financially.  I am starting from scratch, only starting from scratch without a partner physically at my side and with three kids to think of.  I need to buy a car, rebuild savings, and find a place for us to live.  I'm trying to not even think on these things.  I'm trying very hard to remember Who is in control and just do what is right in front of me.
  • Courage.  I have been wrapped in fear lately and I know that this is not from God.  When people "remind" me of what I "need" to be doing, it throws me back into fear mode.  I know that their intention is to help, but when you are so weighed down by it all, being reminded of things out of your control right now does not help.  I do not want to do anything outside of His plan for my life, so I am trying to take things slow and steady.  When I am ready, He will bring the rest.


Praise:

  • Dancing.  I have begun to dance again.  Yes, literally.  I take a ballet class with the girls once a week, and in preparation for an upcoming praise dance conference, I have been learning a praise flag dance.  I have also been making flags for worship and have been asked recently if I would sell them.  
  • Provisions:  We have been provided for along the way and I am so thankful!  Jehovah Jireh, "The LORD will provide!" (Genesis 22:14).  There are things that I need right now and sometimes, like I said before, it feels overwhelming, but I just look back to how He has cared for me.  He is so good!

So, this is just a quick update.  You have walked with me all through this journey and I am so thankful for each and every encouragement and prayer you have offered.  I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment