Thursday, October 20, 2011

Waiting...

Still deliberating. Yesterday we spent the whole day at our friend's house who lives right next to the court. Each day court is over at 4:30pm, so we left and dh had to go to a meeting and I had to get the kids to church. So we were just busy busy last night. Today we are just spending the morning with the girls at home and will head up to our friend's again this afternoon. She has a daughter (well, she technically has seven daughters!) who is willing to watch our girls at their house so we can spend time with them. We've barely seen the girls since trial started.

I'm actually taking the time as a good thing. There are six counts and to try to figure out each one would take at least an hour or so. Taking into consideration court takes 1.5 hours for lunch...this could easily take a full two days at least. I actually appreciate the time they are taking 'cause I don't want this based off of emotions. I want them to see that these girls are/were lying and find him not guilty based off of that.

Let me give you all a gem from the D.A.'s closing argument..."Don't pay attention to inconsistencies. We all know that inconsistencies mean they are telling the truth."

3 comments:

  1. "We all know inconsistencies mean they are telling the truth."

    WHAT?!!!!!???!?!?!?

    That is the most messed-up bogus statement I have ever read. Good freaking gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alison. Ridiculous! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief.
    Still praying. <3

    ReplyDelete