Thursday, October 13, 2011

What a day!

The jury was selected this morning and we started the actual trial about fifteen minutes later. That was a big shock for me. Chris and I went out into the hallway to pray and I ended up so overwhelmed that I broke down. Thankfully we had found a corner that was fairly isolated 'cause I don't want anyone to see my cry. They may misunderstand. It was just so heavy emotionally that it had to come out.

Some many God things happened today. I really can't tell you details, but soon...soon I'll be able to tell you all everything. It was seriously a day of watching God work. At first I was really having a hard time getting a grip, but then I remembered that Chris has put a packet of Scriptures in my bag...so I pulled it out and began praying them. It was so nice to have because when lies began to surface I was able to look down at a Scripture or two and pray..."Silence the lies, Lord!!!" I tried not to pray the one about lips being cut off because of lies. As much as I feel upset with the lies, I do think the girls deserve to keep their lips.

We go back on Monday at 9:30am. Please continue to pray!!!! I have been praying for confusion in our enemies and for silenced lies. We aren't looking to get these girls into trouble. We are perfectly fine with self-preservation at this point (example, "I do not remember" for an answer). As much as we want justice, justice is the Lord's and we are happy to work toward an aquital followed by a giant victory (in Y'shua) party. :o)

Praises - A wonderful day in court; God's provision for gas and lunch money; and wonderful friends who have provided us with meals for dinner.

Prayers - For the jury; for our attorney to continue to do what he's doing; for the girls involved to be blessed as they break the lies; for the others involved (not sure what to pray for specifically on this point)

Thank you all. I'll make sure to update on Monday.

3 comments: